The work of ibstpi® is of value, only to the extent to which organizations and professionals find value in the Standards and adopt them to advance their own training, instruction, learning and performance improvement efforts. We honor our global community of users for their commitment to excellence.
Sanofi – China is a leading global healthcare company that discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions. Sanofi focuses on patients needs in the areas of diabetes solutions, human vaccines, innovative drugs, consumer healthcare, animal health and rare diseases. Working in a dynamic industry and employing more than 110,000 employees in 100 countries, Sanofi must pay continuous attention to their people-development strategies and ensure their training programs are of the same high quality as their products. To achieve this, Sanofi created Sanofi University, an enterprise university, to provide high-quality development and professional guidance for its talent. Sanofi University has three colleges and nearly 80 full-time training managers. In 2011, Sanofi University won The best talent management prize issued in China. Not content to stand on its past accomplishments, Sanofi University pursued two important questions: “How to determine a competency standard for training managers”? and “How to further enhance internal training managers abilities to better help the company achieve its strategic goals? ” Sanofi University found their answer to these questions through adoption of the ibstpi Standards.
The adoption of standards for professional practice promotes several immediate, and highly desirable, outcomes, such as:
- Provide a benchmark for individual professional growth and development.
- Provide a basis for employers to hire professional with the specific knowledge and skill required to satisfy organizational demands.
- Provide a clear criterion for supervisors to assess work performance of, and to assist in upgrading the knowledge and skill of established practitioners.
- Provide organizations elements to judge the quality of the training services they contract.
- Establish a sound basis for educational institutions to select and educate new professionals.
- Allow educational institutions a set of validated performance expectations on which to base the design of their educational offerings.
Other valued organizations that have also become adopters in the last two years include:
- Institute for Noncommissioned Officer Professional Development, United States Army, Virginia, USA
- Japan Society for Instructional Systems in Healthcare (JSISH), Tokyo, JAPAN
- MR Education and Accreditation Center of Japan, Tokyo, JAPAN
- State Farm Mutual Insurance Company, Nebraska, USA
- Japan Basic Life Support Association, Yokohama, JAPAN
- Gaiamore Corporation, Tokyo, JAPAN
- School of Continuing Education and Online Education, Renmin University of China, Beijing, CHINA
- Saint Leo University, Florida, USA
- Centre for Flexible and Distance Learning, University of the South Pacific, Suva, FIJI
The following is a partial list of other organizations that have previously adopted our competencies.
- AAA (Mid-Atlantic), New Jersey, USA
- ABN AMRO Bank N.V., Chicago, USA
- American Society for Training & Development (ASTD), Alexandria, Virginia, USA
- Austin Peay State University, Clarksville, Tennessee, USA
- Brigham & Women’s Hospital, Boston, USA
- Bureau of Family Protection and Preservation, USA
- Capella University, Minneapolis, USA
- CAVU Performance Solutions, Coleraine, N Ireland
- Deere & Company, USA
- Dept of Veterans Affairs, USA
- eBrain ~ Share your mind, Netherlands
- Elite Computer Solutions, Saudia Arabia
- Epise, Spain
- Epsico, Inc., Bloomington, USA
- FEMA, Texas, USA
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, USA
- Fresno County Human Service Systems, California, USA
- Fundacion Universitaria Católica del Norte, Colombia
- Hill-Rom Inc., Batesville, USA
- Ideal Data Solutions, Inc., Kingston, Canada